Thursday, April 3, 2014

Vanilla Ice Cream

One of my favorite things to make is Ice Cream.
Mostly because when I take a bite I am brought back to my childhood or making it at my Grandparents house in the summer.
Back then we had to use the hand crank machine.
Ice and Rock Salt, and you had to mix it for what felt like forever.
But it was probably only about 30 minutes.
Such happy memories of perfect Summers in Oregon.




Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk (I recommend whole milk, with no substitues)
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups Heavy Cream (we usually use half and half. DO NOT GET the fat free half and half, it will be a huge let down)
1-2 teaspoons Vanilla
For extra goodness add 1 tsp Lemon extract.


In a medium bowl mix the ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
Put in your ice cream machine for about 30 minutes.


This is not the recipe from my childhood, I seem to have lost that. But it is more complex with heating things and raw eggs. When I find it I will be sure to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment