Friday, February 14, 2014

Cinnamon Rolls

These might of been the best Cinnamon Rolls I have ever made.
They were Amazing!
I am so sad that I only made half a batch and gave them all away...







This recipe comes from the fabulous Ree Drummond.  It is in her first cookbook.
Seriously amazing rolls!


Preheat oven to 375
What you need (half a recipe, which makes plenty)
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 packet (or 2 1/4 teaspoon) yeast
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Some butter and cinnamon and sugar.

Heat the milk, oil, and sugar until hot, but not boiling.  Turn off and let cool to lukewarm. Then add the yeast and let sit for 1 minute.  then mix 3 1/2 cups flour just until mixed. Then let sit in a warm place for one hour.
(I put mine in front of the fireplace)
Then add the remaining cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt..
Take half the dough and roll out in a rectangle, slather on some butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar.  Roll it hotdog style and slice it.  Put some more butter on the bottom and side of your pan (I used two round 9 in pans. One I used butter and the other I used coconut oil spray from Trader Joes)
Fill the pans with your rolls and let sit for 20 minutes. I then added my own touch. I put some more butter and cinnamon and sugar on top..
Bake from 13-15 minutes or until the tops are just turning golden brown.


The Icing is milk and powdered sugar and a little vanilla flavoring to the consistency you want.
I like mine a little runny.

Warning!!!! Start with a little milk, like 1 Tablespoon or less.  You will probably end up mixing in almost a cup of powder sugar to that.

Drizzle the Icing on when they are still warm.
Then they will melt in your mouth. MMmmmm.....




ps. I accidentally forgot the baking powder, baking soda, and salt and they still turned out AMAZING! I am stressing out a little that I did that (mostly because I gave them away), but they tasted good. And that is all that matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment